Did you know that Prosecco rosé has only existed since 2021, a great innovation for one of the most popular sparkling wines in the world! But what are the peculiar characteristics of this “new” Italian rosé sparkling wine?
What are the main production rules of a Prosecco rosé?
1- The basic vines
Compared to the classic Prosecco, the Prosecco rosé is composed of a “fixed” base of Pinot Noir of at least 15% and a remaining 85% of Glera.
Like the classic Prosecco doc, Prosecco doc rosé is also produced with the famous Charmat method, the difference is made by the days of rest of the wine in the refermentation tank.
While the basic Prosecco doc has a mandatory stay of at least 30 days in a refermentation tank, the Prosecco doc rosé has a “refinement” time of 60 days!
The result is a wine with a more complex, elegant and balanced aromatic profile.
3 – “Millesimato” or nothing.
Prosecco doc rosé can only be produced in the “Millesimato” version.
But what does Prosecco doc “Millesimato” mean?
It means that all the grapes that make up the wine must come from the same vintage, which must also be compulsorily reported in the label (which is not compulsory for a normal Prosecco doc).
A nice guarantee of product freshness!
Rosé and organic, a winning couple
Nothing enhances the characteristics of the Glera and Pinot Nero grapes of a good Prosecco rosé as much as organic production.
Today we discover the organic Prosecco doc rosé Corvezzo.
The Organic Prosecco Rosé made by Corvezzo is a really charming rosé wine with a super fine and persistent perlage. It has an intense flavor of small red fruits such as wild strawberry, with delicate hints of citrus and acacia flowers. Very fresh in the mouth with a strong attack, but always well balanced. The aftertaste lingers on memories of berries and flowers. In short, a Prosecco doc rosé that maintains all the classic characteristics of the Prosecco that we all love, but in which the elegance of Pinot noir is certainly noteworthy.
Must try paired with lightly fried appetizers and seafood, such as pan-seared scallops.
Have you already tried the whole range of Corvezzo organic wines?
Try now the organic Prosecco, the organic Pinot Grigio and the Prosecco doc Rosé, imported into the USA by Origins Organic!